Pockets of spring are showing up here in Wellington, and with the ushering in of a new season I find myself reading Melissa Ambrosini’s latest blog post titled ‘ my 27 life power statements’. A beautiful and intelligent post consisting of statements that are woven into your genetic makeup and which determine the direction you choose to walk each day.
So in the season of spring and the season of cleaning out all the dusty corners of my house and mind, here are a few of my power statements. Directed at nourishing hope, purpose and awareness. I would absolutely love to hear a few of yours.
- Trust in your purpose and your passions.
- You have time.
- Understand the media for what it is.
- Respond with love.
- Make friends with loneliness, depression and anxiety.
- Circumstance and opinions do not determine worth.
- You have a responsibility to contribute to this life.
- You have a responsibility to rest and nourish yourself.
- Change the content of your argument not the volume of your voice.